-SESSION ARRANGEMENTS: During our initial meeting, together, we assess what brings you to therapy, what you’d like to get out of the sessions, and whether it feels right for us to work together. If you decide to go ahead, this is usually when we agree to the scheduling of the sessions (a similar time each week if possible). This arrangement is reviewed periodically; this means we can also plan the end of our work together, which is an integral part of therapy, the way we end things in our lives being part of who we are.
- KEEPING ON TIME: Please arrive on time, as appointments cannot be extended beyond our agreed session time.
- CANCELLATIONS: cancellations can be made without incurring a charge if they are made at least a week ahead, otherwise the full session fee is payable. However, please give me as much notice as possible if you know you cannot attend a future session and I will do likewise.
- LENGTH OF SESSIONS: Individual sessions are 50 minutes in length, unless otherwise agreed
- LIMITS OF CONFIDENTIALITY: Confidentiality, discretion, and anonymity are paramount and only breached when necessary (extreme cases, legal or ethical implications). Those unlikely circumstances would be discussed with those affected in the best reasonable times
- SUPERVISION: In accordance with my continuing professional registration, I am in regular clinical supervision for all my client work. This form of professional development is also subject to the restrictions of confidentiality and anonymity mentioned above. In the event of an emergency that prevents me from continuing to practice, my supervisor will be given details to contact you and inform you of the situation.
- GDPR: your privacy is taken seriously and your personal information will only be used to administer your file. In accordance with GDPR, your session notes and recordings are available to you at any given time. Furthermore, all your records will be kept, then purged in accordance with the BACP guidelines.
IN AN EMERGENCY
In an emergency, using both email and mobile is the best way to contact me. I check messages daily during the week and will get back to you as quickly as possible
Fees are usually payable in advance or at each session (cash, cheque, Paypal [transfer costs not included in the fee], bank transfer), unless we agree other arrangements. Receipts are available upon request.
My fee structure reflects my level of experience, qualifications, and training